Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
What's Hot

SA on Media to Tinubu Criticized Obasanjo, Say Insecurity Started in Your Regime

November 30, 2025

Former AGF Passport Seized as Part of Investigation Into $490M. Abacha Looted

November 30, 2025

Yahoo: Delta Police Rescued Boys Held Hostage by Cyber Criminals

November 29, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sunday, November 30
Access TV Nigeria
Trending
  • SA on Media to Tinubu Criticized Obasanjo, Say Insecurity Started in Your Regime
  • Former AGF Passport Seized as Part of Investigation Into $490M. Abacha Looted
  • Yahoo: Delta Police Rescued Boys Held Hostage by Cyber Criminals
  • Anglican Church Charged FG to Expose Bandits Financiers
  • Edo Flyover to be Completed in May 2026 — Contractor
  • Enugu-Onitsha: The Careless of One Driver Resulted to Deaths of Six Individuals
  • Edo Assembly Invites Obaseki, Others For Questioning on MOWAA, Radisson
  • ADC Faction Disowned Atiku, Says He Shift Goal Post in The Middle of The Game
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
Access TV Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
Home » Posts » Three-Member Panel Threw out Kanu’s Appeal, Says He’s Been Convicted
Crime

Three-Member Panel Threw out Kanu’s Appeal, Says He’s Been Convicted

adminBy adminNovember 28, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal has dismissed an appeal filed by Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), which challenged alleged violations of his fundamental rights by the Federal Government. The appeal, which included the Director General of the Department of State Services (DSS) and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) as respondents, was struck out by a three-member panel of the court.

The court ruled that the appeal had become an academic exercise since Kanu had already been convicted and sentenced by the Federal High Court in Abuja. Justice Boloukuromo Ugo, delivering the lead judgment, noted that Kanu is currently serving his sentence at the Sokoto Correction Centre, making the request for his transfer from DSS custody to Kuje prison moot.

Additionally, the court highlighted that Kanu had previously expressed a preference for being in prison custody, and his current remand at the Sokoto facility fulfilled that preference. Therefore, the appeal was dismissed for lack of merit.

This appeal was in response to the July 3 judgment of Justice Taiwo Taiwo, which had earlier dismissed Kanu’s suit for the enforcement of his fundamental rights. On November 20, Kanu was convicted on multiple terrorism charges, with Justice James Omotosho ruling that the prosecution had proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt, resulting in a life imprisonment sentence.

National Assembly Nigeria
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleDG Urged Corps Members to be Patriotic and Mind What They Post on Social Media
Next Article ADC Faction Disowned Atiku, Says He Shift Goal Post in The Middle of The Game
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

SA on Media to Tinubu Criticized Obasanjo, Say Insecurity Started in Your Regime

November 30, 2025

Former AGF Passport Seized as Part of Investigation Into $490M. Abacha Looted

November 30, 2025

Yahoo: Delta Police Rescued Boys Held Hostage by Cyber Criminals

November 29, 2025

Anglican Church Charged FG to Expose Bandits Financiers

November 29, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Recent Posts

  • SA on Media to Tinubu Criticized Obasanjo, Say Insecurity Started in Your Regime
  • Former AGF Passport Seized as Part of Investigation Into $490M. Abacha Looted
  • Yahoo: Delta Police Rescued Boys Held Hostage by Cyber Criminals
  • Anglican Church Charged FG to Expose Bandits Financiers
  • Edo Flyover to be Completed in May 2026 — Contractor

Recent Comments

  1. Monday Okpebholo: No Actions, Public or Private, is Permitted to Undermine The Cultural Authority of the Benin Kingdom - Access TV Nigeria on Trump — U.S. Will Respond Forcefully to Nigeria With Airstrike
About Us
About Us

Access TV is a vibrant online news and entertainment platform dedicated to bringing Nigerians closer to the stories that matter most. We provide accurate, engaging, and up-to-date coverage of news, politics, entertainment, business, technology, lifestyle, and sports — all from a uniquely Nigerian perspective.

Email Us: joelaluge@gmail.com
Contact: +2348078784451

Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • World News
Our Picks

Archives

  • November 2025

Categories

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • World News
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Posts
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 Access Tv. Designed by Domo Tech Hub.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.