Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
What's Hot

Cybercrime: El-Rufai Set For Arraignment by DSS Over Alleged Fraud Offences

February 20, 2026

Another Fire Outbreak Occurs in Kano Market

February 20, 2026

Mercy Okojie Promise to Serve With Diligence

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Friday, February 20
Access TV Nigeria
Trending
  • Cybercrime: El-Rufai Set For Arraignment by DSS Over Alleged Fraud Offences
  • Another Fire Outbreak Occurs in Kano Market
  • Mercy Okojie Promise to Serve With Diligence
  • Tinubu Sues For Peaceful Conduct Ahead of FCT, Rivers, Kano Election
  • Abducted Secondary Student Regains Freedom in Edo
  • FG Announced plans to Establish to Address Nigeria shortfall of 340,000 Doctors
  • Oyo Govt. Herbal Firm Sealed Over Environmental Violations
  • Customs Controller General Hand Over Seized N40.7m Petrol to NMDPRA
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
Access TV Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
Home » Posts » Trucks Conveying Fish Burnt Down by Boko Haram In Borno
News

Trucks Conveying Fish Burnt Down by Boko Haram In Borno

adminBy adminFebruary 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists have intercepted and set ablaze three trucks loaded with fish at Mile-forty area of Magumeri LGA of Borno State.

According to some truck drivers, the attack happened around 1:00pm on Thursday.

The drivers were transporting fish to Maiduguri when they were attacked

Thank God that all the drivers escaped but the three vehicles: two Peugeot J5 and a school bus loaded with fish were burnt down,” said a security source.

A driver, who didn’t want his name mentioned, said, “We parked the vehicles and ran into the bush. Thank God we all made it alive but I watched helplessly as the only means of my livelihood got burnt to ashes. Tell the government to do something on that road.

“Before, they used to abduct people and demand ransom from families, but they frequently intercept vehicles these days to loot and burn them down,” he said.

He reiterated his call to the federal government and security agencies to deploy troops on the road to protect the lives and property of the road users.

Recall that on 10th February, 2026, the terrorists intercepted four trailers loaded with cows, on their way to Maiduguri from Monnguno, they stole over a hundred cows and burnt down the vehicles.

Four days earlier, another fleet of four trucks conveying beans to Maiduguri from Monnguno were blocked and set ablaze by the insurgents at Garin Kashim, Guzamala LGA.

Many trucks drivers plying the road complained to our correspondent that lack of security operatives on the road encouraged the insurgents to carry out unaverted attacks in the area

“It has become a daily occurrence now and no action has been taken. From Maiduguri, one can only find a military checkpoint at Gajaganna, Gajiram, and the new one in Mairari, then Monguno.

“Unless the government takes this seriously, livestock and grain businesses that begin to thrive in those areas would soon collapse. Because, we can no longer risk our lives and vehicles on thatk road,” he said

He urged the security operatives to fortify the road as was done on Gwoza axis where a squad of soldiers have been stationed strategically on the road to prevent such an attack.

Many truck owners have now withdrawn their vehicles from this road. These things kept happening and no action has been taken so far,“ he said

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleRivers Losses a Serving Senator at 64
Next Article FG Shuts Mining Site In Plateau, Orders Investigation
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Another Fire Outbreak Occurs in Kano Market

February 20, 2026

Abducted Secondary Student Regains Freedom in Edo

February 20, 2026

Customs Controller General Hand Over Seized N40.7m Petrol to NMDPRA

February 20, 2026

FG Shuts Mining Site In Plateau, Orders Investigation

February 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Recent Posts

  • Cybercrime: El-Rufai Set For Arraignment by DSS Over Alleged Fraud Offences
  • Another Fire Outbreak Occurs in Kano Market
  • Mercy Okojie Promise to Serve With Diligence
  • Tinubu Sues For Peaceful Conduct Ahead of FCT, Rivers, Kano Election
  • Abducted Secondary Student Regains Freedom in Edo

Recent Comments

  1. Monday Okpebholo: No Actions, Public or Private, is Permitted to Undermine The Cultural Authority of the Benin Kingdom - Access TV Nigeria on Trump — U.S. Will Respond Forcefully to Nigeria With Airstrike
About Us
About Us

Access TV is a vibrant online news and entertainment platform dedicated to bringing Nigerians closer to the stories that matter most. We provide accurate, engaging, and up-to-date coverage of news, politics, entertainment, business, technology, lifestyle, and sports — all from a uniquely Nigerian perspective.

Email Us: joelaluge@gmail.com
Contact: +2348078784451

Categories
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • World News
Our Picks

Archives

  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025

Categories

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • World News
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Posts
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
© 2026 Access Tv. Designed by Domo Tech Hub.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.